Tuesday, May 01, 2007

elvis makes me cry

Elvis makes me cry

I never thought i'd say this but consumerism is evil. Despite how you might think you can't deny your desires to shop or possess things, and how the shopaholic series might make it all seem rather adorable, and how it's sort of funny that women love/need shopping (well men do too now, my brother has more expensive taste than me now, imagine that), it's still sort of evil and unnatural. The desire to enter big bright malls with made-up sales people, consciously-dressed shoppers, big price tags that would give your grandmother a heart attack, and clothes that so did not originate from there (indian, hippie), so as to search for clothes that would make you feel good about yourself, can't be a very splendid thing. And actually the vehement way i'm putting it makes it feel kind of revolting and senseless.

I will try to stop feeling so emotionally attached to the old house though it's my favourite place in the world, so that one day when and if it ever gets sold my heart won't break too much.

"Life is cruel, protect yourself."
Mary Smith

But no, that would be silly too.

No comments: