Friday, July 17, 2009

i'd like to be, under the sea, in an octupus' garden with you


On September 9 2009 (090909) a box set of all the Beatles cds, remastered (though I'm not sure really what the word means) will be released, each with a mini documentary on the making of each album. That's the only part I am really interested in but the Beatles Anthology might be a better watch! 090909 is also the release date of Beatles Rock Band- yikes! just creepy.
p
Today I tried altering purple penang pants and I did it most badly and illogically and my grandmother came and told me to have patience. 'I don't like to do things anyhow,' she said. 'I want to do them properly and neatly.' In the end I did it in her neater way; I hope I will remember her words when I am old and still lacking patience (i will be unpicking my grandchildren's homemade pajamas and sewing on messy stitches and saying to myself, Ah, this will just make their pajamas look more special!) Oh, this makes me think of her now nearly weekly agitated spurts on finding a boyfriend and how she said that night not to be too fussy and to settle for one ('Aiyoh, don't make me worry! I worry everyday!'). So, patience, my friends, when it comes to mending your clothes, but when it comes to waiting for true love, make haste and arrete the fret of the grandmothers of the world.

No comments: