Sunday, November 29, 2009

a girl's best friend


It's been a few weeks, but here's me new bicycle. It's from a handsome, long-haired, lean uncle whose quiet son helps him out at his small bicycle shop in Sembawang. Every neighbourhood should have an uncle bicycle shop! (mine moved away. Uncle had two dogs, Mickey and Minnie, the absolute loves of his life) It's the little-known hardworking people like them that make Singapore special. It's things like that I'll miss if I ever move away, that'll drive me mad when I'm alone in wherever it is and i want to drink milo in the kopitiam cup among pajama-wearing people or slurp cheap and good hokkien mee at a kopitiam table with yeos chrysanthemum tea, or bring me bicycle to the corner shop, where uncle will be. Anyway, Uncle gave me a karang guni horn that a few of my little neighbours love to press, but they need both hands to create the sound.

No comments: