Monday, August 23, 2010

Kya?

When I brought my grandmother to buy a new radio at the electrics shop nearby:

- Uncle, no need plastic bag. Save plastic bag.
- Tsk, take lah
- No lah no need no need. Save the earth.
- (gesturing at my grandmother) This kind of auntie like plastic bag, can use at home, in the kitchen!
- Save the earth!
- They don't care about saving the earth one
- Aiyah!
- What age already. How many years left on earth only.

My grandmother insists that she tries to save electricity for our horrendous bill (she sometimes wakes up at 2am -not exaggerating- to hobble around with shrek face checking if all the lights are switched off), and also that without the use of plastic bags, you simply cannot keep vegetables and meat properly in the fridge! Then in the kampong days how? Aiyah, we buy groceries everyday! My mother-in-law buys it everyday from the market! One day $2, $3! Buy towgay, buy vegetables, buy fish!

Wah, super fresh.

No comments: