Tuesday, February 13, 2007

PAINTS

OGGY OGGY OGGY
OINK OINK ONIK

Papa said we have to choose the colours today. He has taken back what he said but anyway I went around all day with the bloody catalogue staring mainly at 2 colours and my mind is being electrified, no electrocuted with colour combinations and my mother's words (don't anyhow choose or you'll regret it) and my brother's words (choose anything for me lah) and my own images of my room. Nippon doesn't have evil pink, the colour that for months I have imagined my room to be. Neither does it have vermillion (actually, it does. it's FRESH blood red labelled as vermillion). So I got the idea of 2 walls MAYAN YELLOW and 2 walls ZEST or CONTINENTAL BLUE, and maybe the ceiling shall be aquarine. But anyway, I had this vision of the room being this glowing yellow and blue thing like a magic circus. All these visions....! My mother and grandmother are horrified and my head is pounding because i did my most adventurous driving yet, today, from home to ntu to jurong point to ntu to newton circus roundabout to home. And now i can't help check out the dulux site though my father says it has to be nippon, because i just want to torture myself by seeing that they have evil pink there, but the silly old english sheepdog marmaduke just won't walk past the screen and is stuck in the middle at 48%. Oh you silly marmaduke! Watched Miss Potter today and it was gloriously lovely. Tomorrow is valentine's day but who cares I just can't wait for chinese new year to eat everything like mad and get money and play. Strange sunny days that are childhood.

The wisdom teeth operation is off because of the risk that the nerve might be hit and my lower lip will feel numb forever. Then I won't be able to swim, shout, speak, kiss, blow, WHISTLE! What's life without whistling?

This is what I want: to be in a house by the sea with my husband and 5 children, with crazy blue skies and crazy clouds, splashing water, lots of sand, mad rainy days, hot steamy drinks, bathing suits, a wooden house, paints and freedom.

But for now every morning that I wake up at 8 something am to my peach curtains and a bright day, instead of frozen sad mornings sitting at the benches swatting mosquitoes, feels like a blessing.

No comments: