Saturday, February 10, 2007

sgt peppers mojo

Sgt. Pepper's Mojo

The new issue of Mojo's main article is on sgt pepper and how it was made, with a cd of the whole sgt pepper rerecorded by weird bands and people!!!!! Very exciting. Playing the first song of the cd now. Sounds sort of fruity and repetitive. HAHAHA it's now the second track and it's 'What would you do if I sang out of tune, would you stand up and walk out on me' and it began with a mad fruity sounding woman on a kids show, and now it's evolved into a ukulele-like background guitar strumming with this man and woman tenderly singing.

I can't wait for my wisdom teeth operation which will probably be next friday. I know it will be very painful, and it'll be my first injection in 7 years. But it'll prepare me for further pain like pregnancy or chemotherapy if needed. In a strange way I am also anticipating the woozy dizzy heavy feeling again, from all the painkillers and lying around half dead and eating porridge and watching tv and reading. Hurray!

Okay it's lucy in the sky with diamonds now. Mad sounding background vocals make me imagine pink and purple feather wearing women with red lipstick and 1920s flapper headcaps and long false eyelashes harmonizing ticklishly.

Okay I couldn't help it and skipped to Lovely Rita and it sounds like a horrible draggy weird thing!!!!!! Cranky! When I'm sixty-four sounds crankier. It all sounds quite horrible but it's so FUNNY. TERRIBLE!!!!! For the benefit of mr. kite is great. Circusy and psychedelic and marvellous. It's by a band called bikeride.

Tu ne dois pas achéter un cadeau pour moi, mais si tu veux, j'aime les vélos. Non, je plaisante.

I read the news today, oh boy
Four thousand holes in blackburn, lancashire
And though the holes were rather small
They had to count them all
Now you know how many holes it takes to fill the albert hall
I'd love to turn you on......

On to the bonus track All you need is love! The starting has the combined glory of classic orchestral music with psychedelic indian sounds, and then a man's voice 'love love love...' bouncing along like some kids' show tune. I feel like I'm in a kids bunny show. At the end of all you need is love john and paul go 'she loves you, yeah yeah yeah' and rouse the crowd to sing and so does this guy. This is hilarious. He's inserting his own lines from bob dylan like 'like a rolling stone' and 'everybody must get stoned' (unless they were there to begin with). Sounding a bit like crazy will ferrell now. This is so whimsical. Love is all you need.

No comments: