Monday, September 21, 2009

I believe in music

There's something about hearing a song you love on the radio, or in a shopping mall, just when you least expected it. It's just not the same listening to it at home by yourself or plugged in on the train. It makes you want to jump up and float to the ceiling, declaring, 'That song, I love that song' Last friday, at ntuc, they played Beyond the Sea (I felt like waltzing among the cereals and cheeses and purposefully shopping Singaporeans), and just now on gold 90 fm they played Beautiful Boy. And now as I type, Natalie Cole's This Will Be (An Everlasting Love) has just come on! The Parent Trap!

This will be
You and Me
Eternally
Yes Sirree

:-D

Is this strange or what? The Lovin' Spoonful's Do You Believe In Magic has just come on. It's midnight and the world is right again, all because of music.

p.s. Singapore really needs a radio station that plays Bob Dylan, with djs who really DIG oldies, can tell you about Garfunkel's Voices of Old People experiment, and will play the loudest most spirited songs of The Who late at night for whoever's listening.

I wanna play cricket on the green
Ride my bike across the stream
Cut myself and see my blood
I wanna come home all covered in mud

No comments: