Saturday, December 23, 2006

christmas presents


I got presents for my favourite little human beings in the world today. Sent by parents, armed with cash, determined to get each and every one of them something special to them, and to put my parents' money to good, fine use. What I got:

Sai Sai constipated rabbit sister: blue gypsy sling bag with bead chain and little beads and sequins

Su su Isaac: dark grey t-shirt with blue wooden flying birds everywhere

Han Han Reuben: grey volcom wallet with astronauts holding a jewel and the words 'Houston, I think we have a volcom'

Nat: light satin blue butterfly-shaped jewellery or other things box with beads and sequins on the butterfly cover

Shann Shann Seth: Bean the movie (he'll get a bang out of it)

Baby Elysia (she's 4): fuchsia footless tights (for baby fairies)
I like to think that these presents will be special to them for a long time. Su Su got me something from the body shop and I guessed it immediately. The cranberry gift pack! Yummy. Darrel sent me a dvd in the mail and I won't open it till christmas but i've peeked and saw the letters ERIOD in the movie title, i think. Period? AsterOId? To be realistic and at the same time cosy, all i want to do this christmas is to watch loveactually with lots of food, and then snuggle up and continue reading Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. What will the 6 billion people in the world be doing on christmas day? What will my future husband be doing if he exists? What will bob dylan or paul be doing? What would holden be doing? One thing's for sure, the people watching over us (and everyone has some people watching over them, and the list increases as they grow older and more of their loved ones die or they start loving more dead people like john lennon) will be having a party up above.

No comments: