Monday, January 01, 2007

new year

I just came back from an all-cousins (minus baby) sleepover in my auntie's clean new house. As usual the boys just played computer games obsessively, and the girls lay in the room among all the cushy mattresses and blankets watching the highly colourful and moronic vivo city countdown. And when it was 2007, I know this sounds stupid, but then I felt sad that 2006 was over, sentimental fool. Last year I heard mindblowing music, watched movies and read much more, and became more crazily frustrated than I already was. Thanks, meself. And this year, today, I brought my sister to peirce her ears! Well actually it was supposed to be a sweet girly thing with her and nat doing it together but my auntie didn't allow it in the end so only sai sai did it. She sat nonchalantly, total opposite of my panicky self when I peirced mine years ago, and they just punched 2 tiny silver dollops on her ear. And instantly she looked prettier. Why is that? Help, my mental calendar can't think properly, too used to imagining days to the new year. Now it has to think in terms of days sprawling ahead and it can't. Richie Rich and Home Alone and Dumb and Dumber and My Boy. The kind of movies you need. Me, nat, sai sai and elysia have been having mad dancing sessions to the cd i got with the bob dylan mojo issue, featuring 'the genius of brian wilson', with beach boys songs done by other people. The Who singing Barbara Ann like hooligans ('BA BA BA, BA BARBARA ANN'). And our favourite, In My Room, sang by the Langley Schools Project, a bunch of school kids:

There's a world where I can go and tell my secrets to
In my room, in my room, in my room, in my room.
In this world I conquer all my worries and my cares
In my room, in my room, in my room, in my room...

Do my dreaming and my scheming
Lie awake and pray
Do my crying and my sighing
Laugh at yesterday

Now it's dark and I'm alone But I won't be afraid
In my room, in my room, in my room, in my room.

No comments: