Thursday, November 23, 2006

it all ends well

Cosmological principles

Ah, but it all ends well. We visited ruby (reuben) and it was all merry as my parents drank hot coffee talking about which school ruby would apply to. I told baby about grinding crunchy cockroaches and pretending its cornflakes and giving it to her for breakfast (makes babies spellbound) and that people eat insects and she said 'got people like that meh????' I asked Ruby to call The Other pretending he didn't know his results.

Ruby: Eh what did you get? 255?
Iz: Lower
R: 254? 253? 252?
Iz: You got it.
R: WOWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Iz: .........252 sucks. What did you get?
R: 237.
Iz: Oh..., that's good.
R: So are you happy with your results?
Iz: I'm happy but also not happy.
R: Why, you wanted 10 marks more?
Iz: How did you know?!
R: Ah I anyhow guess one...so are you ok?
Iz: I'm ok. I got 3 A stars, how many A stars you got?
R: zero.
Iz: oh..

So in the end it takes one noble friend to make the other feel better about something :-)

Astronomy tomorrow and my head is cramped with astronomical facts and phrases that are ever so....cosmic. The Great Red Spot on Jupiter, starburst galaxies, gamma ray bursts, hypernovas, supermassive black holes....and though my head feels like it couldn't really take much more teeny facts like cheese threads squeezed into the tiny spaces left and they will just melt together like messy sticky cheese clumps when I try to extract it tomorrow I am loving it like the magic dust tails of comets.

No comments: