Monday, March 05, 2007

dora

I wasn't talking about your pigtails
I was talking about your sex appeal

A few days ago I realised what a truly nice cd bridge over troubled waters is. And that is when you like almost every single song in the cd, and you long to listen to it so much. Simon and Garfunkel are 60s and summer. They are the gentle summer leaves, swaying breeze, postman and jungle eyelash boys.

Dora my evil-pink gerberra is blooming. She has gentle petals and her middle was dark brown, but now it is yellow-orange. Her petals today have a very slight purplish tinge to them. Please don't die, Dora. I'm sorry someone ever plucked you off.

I went for my sister's meet the parents session last friday night and it was sickening. The vice-principal emphasized that 'your girls must score 90 marks and above if they want to remain in the school!' and in the classroom, while parents copied tables of highest/lowest/average scores for all the subjects, the teacher was engaged in what liang zhi qiang calls CC (cover ka-ching) or BCC (better cover ka-ching) while a few parents asked her questions. ("My daughter say that this class is very behind in english compared to other classes..." "My daughter say that those who come this class are not so good at ___....is it?")

From now it is going to be a busy ride to the end of this semester with Big projects and tests queuing up to be done before the exams. This week there's a broadcast media quiz and french test. In between flossing teeth and sitting down for project meetings, I found the time to be in a 40-minute jam on the KJE at the end of which I saw a dead man by the road covered with white cloth. His hand, wearing a watch, and his shoes were sticking out. It was one of the most terrible sights ever. Rest in peace, dear man who died while going to work one day on the expressway and found himself knocked by a bloody lorry and found his life ended. I'm sorry you went on a morning when everyone was just driving to work like it was any other day. At least you caused a jam.

No comments: