Friday, January 19, 2007

sneezing

There she was just walking down the street
Singing Do Wah Diddy Diddy Dum Diddy Do

The past few days have been like a floaty dream whereby I trod from one part of the house to another, sofa to bed to another bed, with stomach spasms. My best friend has been johnny. Dear Johnny. Who will surely be there when I get married too. Food poisoning aside from the insanely agonizing stomach spasms, is quite fun. Diarrhoea isn't too bad. Vomitting isn't too bad. Deep trances and sleep are nice. Mmmm. I lay around reading Superfudge. Remember that show???? With 'Pee-tah' and his little brother Fudge and the annoying Sheila Tubman. One of those lovely childhood shows, like the adventures of Alex Mack, or puzzle playhouse or enigma, or sabrina the teenage witch. My first day of recovery and I can't stop sneezing and blowing my nose. Wonderful. Also, I saw a dentist today about my wisdom teeth. Mmmm. The receptionist is extremely nice and friendly, speaking as if we are old friends. And the dentist looks like the chinese fair version of Rufus Sewell, but not evil, unless with lurking evil, and he has an old man's charm/whimsical gaze. And you get to bring your own dvd to watch when you're having extractions. Today was just advice and x-ray, and when I went there Click was on. 'it looked like a little tic-tac.' 'Why don't you come here and let me freshen your breath?' Anyhow, he played the eagles and some oldies and also had beach boys and billie holiday cds. And outside it was trees and there were flowers and nice books and a bear and such. It was like a dentist room out of childhood. So he said that extracting all 4 buried wisdom teeth would constitute an operation or surgery and would cost $3000. Hurray. My father asked me why I wrote our old house semi-d address and not our condo address with a block number 'because people who go to mount elizabeth must take off all their rolex and gold jewellery to get cheaper price'. I just knew I'd be one of those wisdom teeth people, i knew it so much i'm not even bitter. So here it is now. If I don't extract them soon they will soon impact the back molars, as 3 of them are facing molars and not upwards. So now the question is, if I do it there, what movie should I bring to watch while having my extraction? It has to be something that can be watched silent with english subtitles all the way, because that's the way it is. Out of all the movies I have....i heart huckabees? No, there's a semi sex scene. Too awkward when there's a man digging in your mouth with a woman holding a tube sucking saliva. I can't ruin my favourite movies by watching them silent all the way with english subtitles!!!!!!! Why can't Bob dylan or paul mccartney wander to singapore without anyone knowing? And sip tea somewhere or just pick their noses under the sun? It's 19 January, I'm 19 and it's time, it's ALWAYS TIME.

No comments: