Sunday, January 28, 2007

sunday

I feel like all my attempts at blogging, at this writing exercise of sorts, are silly tries at expressing myself and when i read my friends' blogs it seems i can imagine them just saying those things like themselves.

Anyway, has anyone noticed that tian mi mi and once upon a dream (from lady and the tramp) are very similar? Though one is a chinese song and another is a rather classical and grand sort of english song, they're both about meeting someone in a dream.

Shi ni, shi ni, meng jian de jiu shi ni
zai na li, zai na li jian guo ni
(mango tree!)

and

I know you
I walked with you once upon a dream
I know you
the gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam
And i know it's true
that visions are seldom all they seem
but if I know you, I know what you'll do
You'll love me at once
The way you did once upon a dream

Someone somewhere said "don't worry about your life", and I think I'm feeling the beginning of that this sunday. I can be an extreme worrier sometimes and as my mother very nicely likes to reminds me, when I was a baby, the doctor labelled me 'a vomitter' too. What an absurd and condemning label. Twice this week I just lay on the bed and sofa watching tennis male semi finals and finals for hours. It's funny how everytime it happens it started simply by chance. The first time I ever really watched tennis was a night in jc 2 when I turned on the tv just for some sound while I was brushing my teeth, and it was federer vs roddick and i had no idea who they were. I ended up watching the match till 2am. And then another time it was federer (curly haired swiss who remains extremely calm and pushes his curls back gently) vs nadal (long-haired warrior looking intense spanish). And a few days ago i chanced upon nadal vs gonzalez (hamster-like chilean), and then just had to watch roddick (crazy funny american guy) vs federer and then today federer vs gonzalez. I don't know anyone else who exists in the current tennis world but when you watch those you know they feel like friends you are rooting for. The clackety sound of the ball being hit and the hoof-like sounds of the feet on the ground and the pleasing green color of the court make it nice to watch. Sometimes i think i'd like nothing better than to lie on a bed for 3 hours straight watching tennis. In 10 things i hate about you, patrick said that he lived with his grandfather and cooked spaghetti (or something like that) and watched wheel of fortune for a year. Since hearing that i have fantasized about doing something like that. Like being in a sunny house surrounded by grass and flowers somewhere, for a year with little miss sunshine (elysia), nat and my sister, and painting and doing funny stuff all day and sleeping like safe babies at night. Oh boy that would be the loveliest, charmingest, funnest thing in the whole wide cloudy shitass world. Goodnight oh sucky world!

No comments: